Position By Position Grading Of The Carolina Panthers

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
6 of 8
Next

Jan 3, 2015; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson (95) celebrates after sacking Arizona Cardinals quarterback Ryan Lindley (14) during the fourth quarter in the 2014 NFC Wild Card playoff football game at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Sam Sharpe-USA TODAY Sports

The defensive line group is a question mark for the Panthers moving forward. There is a lot of talent at the position but who is going to step up at the defensive end spot opposite of Charles Johnson. There are several candidates which include Kony Ealy, Frank Alexander (if he pees clean), and Mario Addison.

That is a lot of talent and deep too but is there someone who will step up to truly fill Greg Hary’s role on this team. The defensive tackle group which includes Star Lotulelei, Kawann Short, and Dwan Edwards is very talented. I expect quarterbacks will have trouble sleeping the day before their game against the Panthers in large part due to the defensive line. It is not the strongest group the Panthers have but it is a good group of players. My grade is a B.

Next: Is The Linebacker Core Really As Good As We Think? Click Here To See The Grade