Position By Position Grading Of The Carolina Panthers

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
5 of 8
Next

Nov 1, 2014; Oxford, MS, USA; Tennessee Titans offensive tackle and former Ole Miss Rebel Michael Oher on the sidelines during the game against the Auburn Tigers at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Auburn defeated Ole Miss 35-31. Mandatory Credit: Nelson Chenault-USA TODAY Sports

I promised you feels and you will get them even if it hurts really bad. The offensive line for the Panthers is like trying to build a bridge with feathers. If you do not understand let me explain it simpler the offensive line is terrible. We spent the entire off season never addressing the one true weakness this team had and that was left tackle. We went out and got Michael “Blind Side” Oher, but is he truly an upgrade over Byron Bell?

The answer is still to be determined and that is never good because Bell was horrible at best. The rest of the O-Line is better thanks to the draft and players having more experience. The biggest let down was Jonathan Martin getting hurt and deciding to retire but he wasn’t a huge signing this off season. Could the offensive line be worse? Sure it could be worse. Will it be the worse in the NFL next season? It will probably be close to last or last. I liked the fact that the Panthers drafted Daryl Williams to play RT but I think he has a solid chance to play left tackle after watching his highlight videos. Then again everyone looks good in highlight videos it is the reason people create them. The offensive line gets a grade of D from me.

Next: What About The Defensive Line? I Got A Grade For You Click Here