LaMelo Ball Sued For Allegedly Injuring 11-Year-Old

LaMelo Ball is being sued for allegedly running over a young fan's foot and breaking it
LaMelo Ball is being sued for allegedly running over a young fan's foot and breaking it / Jeremy Reper-USA TODAY Sports
facebooktwitterreddit

LaMelo Ball is reportedly being sued after an 11-year-old boy suffered a broken foot after Ball allegedly drove over it as the child asked for an autograph.

According to WSOC-TV in Charlotte, Tamaria McRae is suing both Ball and the Charlotte Hornets. "'This is his hero, his idol, and he got run over by him,' their lawyer, Cameron DeBrun, said." With the Hornets trying to focus on the upcoming 2024 NBA Draft, this kind of incident is an unwelcome distraction to the franchise.

See the latest on the lawsuit and incident below.

Hornets News: LaMelo Ball and Team Sued by Fans

As the report explains, "'[Angell] was like, ‘LaMelo, I love you. I love you, sign my ... give me your autograph. Can you sign it for me?’ McRae told Action 9′s Jason Stoogenke."

However, Ball did not sign anything, instead driving off. McRae alleges that Ball ran over her son's foot, breaking it. WSOC-TV explains, "DeBrun says Angell’s family would have filed a claim with Ball’s insurance to pay his medical bills, but the police report is missing key information, like Ball’s insurer and even his name."

The family is also suing the Hornets, claiming more expansive security measures should have been put in place. Charlotte was celebrating Purple and Teal Day, an event designed for fan enjoyment and participation.

Neither Ball nor the Hornets have issued any official statement on the matter. Ball has been limited to just 58 games over the last two seasons due to injury but averaged a career-high 23.9 points per game in 2023-24.

This is a developing story and we'll update you as new information becomes available.

More Charlotte Hornets News:

feed