3 Hornets on the Chopping Block After Charles Lee Hiring

These Hornets are on the chopping block after the hiring of new head coach Charles Lee.
Miles Bridges could soon find himself on a new team
Miles Bridges could soon find himself on a new team / Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
3 of 3
Next

3. Seth Curry - SG

This is more about the theoretical value Seth Curry can provide another team closer to contention than anything about Curry himself. He's a career 43.1% three-point shooter and is on an expiring contract, so he's a logical fit for virtually any playoff team.

Curry played only 44 games last season while battling injuries and could use a fresh start. At 33 years old with a lengthy injury history, he's running out of time to compete for a deep run in the playoffs. If I'm a contending team in need of shooting, I'm offering a second-round pick to the Hornets for Curry without thinking too hard about it.

I don't think Curry is at any risk of being cut barring some unforeseen injury, though he's at the top of the trade block list at the least. If Charlotte can acquire a draft pick or some young players to develop around this core, the front office should listen at the least.

He's the exact kind of player that belongs on a contending team who can hide his defensive inadequacies. The Hornets are not that kind of team as presently constructed, but they could be within a few seasons if they handle players like Curry correctly.

There's a long offseason to go, but I expect at least one of these players to have a new home once the Hornets tip-off in the regular season again.

More Charlotte Hornets News:

feed