3 Hornets on the Chopping Block After Charles Lee Hiring

These Hornets are on the chopping block after the hiring of new head coach Charles Lee.
Miles Bridges could soon find himself on a new team
Miles Bridges could soon find himself on a new team / Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 3
Next

2. Miles Bridges - SF

Miles Bridges is not new to the chopping block. He's an unrestricted free agent entering this offseason and his off-court behavior makes him an expendable asset. Ball and Miller are the only two untouchable players at this point, and even then, I think Charlotte would listen to offers on the former.

If you're willing to ignore the red flags, Bridges provides a lot of value on the court itself. He averaged 21 points and 7.3 rebounds per game this year on 46.2% shooting and is only 26 years old. I'd guess he'd have a long list of suitors, though Charlotte should seek stability as it rebuilds its core.

Franchises looking for stability shouldn't look Bridges' way, but those seeking upside could have something in the former Michigan State star.

Unless the Hornets are willing to commit a massive contract extension to Bridges, I don't think he fits with the roster in the foreseeable future.

He's a quality player, though the off-court issues concern me. Ball and Miller have baggage of their own, albeit in wildly different contexts, and I think Lee will try to build a roster centered around more certainty than Bridges provides.