3 Things Duke Fans Should Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 21: Duke Blue Devils head coach Mike Krzyzewski during their game against the California Golden Bears at Madison Square Garden on November 21, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Emilee Chinn/Getty Images)
NEW YORK, NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 21: Duke Blue Devils head coach Mike Krzyzewski during their game against the California Golden Bears at Madison Square Garden on November 21, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Emilee Chinn/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 4
Next
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – NOVEMBER 22: Duke Blue Devils head coach Mike Krzyzewski talks to Tre Jones #3 during the second half of their game against the Georgetown Hoyas at Madison Square Garden on November 22, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Emilee Chinn/Getty Images)
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – NOVEMBER 22: Duke Blue Devils head coach Mike Krzyzewski talks to Tre Jones #3 during the second half of their game against the Georgetown Hoyas at Madison Square Garden on November 22, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Emilee Chinn/Getty Images) /

There are a lot of things to be grateful for around the Blue Devils athletic program right now.

Here at Old North Banter, we are incredibly thankful for the opportunity to write about North Carolina sports, even if all our teams aren’t great. At the end of the day, we’re fans like you and we endear ourselves to players, coaches, and teams.

This Thanksgiving we’re laying out what we are thankful for with each team in the state of North Carolina. Yesterday, we are started with N.C. State and ECU and we’ll be continuing with Duke and North Carolina today, the Hornets and Hurricanes tomorrow, and finishing with the Panthers and Wake Forest on Thanksgiving Day.

The current Duke athletic program has 12 teams in the top 25 of their respective sports. Lead by men’s basketball (No. 1), women’s tennis (No. 3), and field hockey (No. 5), the overall dominance of Duke athletics cannot be matched by many athletic departments across the country.

This Thanksgiving, we are focusing on the great positives surrounding the athletic department and the people and places we should be thankful for this holiday season.

Read through, say your thanks and then comment below the things you are most thankful for with Duke.