3 Things N.C. State Fans Should be Thankful for this Thanksgiving

PROVIDENCE, RI - MARCH 17: Head coach Kevin Keatts of the North Carolina-Wilmington Seahawks reacts in the first half against the Duke Blue Devils during the first round of the 2016 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament at Dunkin' Donuts Center on March 17, 2016 in Providence, Rhode Island. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)
PROVIDENCE, RI - MARCH 17: Head coach Kevin Keatts of the North Carolina-Wilmington Seahawks reacts in the first half against the Duke Blue Devils during the first round of the 2016 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament at Dunkin' Donuts Center on March 17, 2016 in Providence, Rhode Island. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 4
Next

It’s been a tough year for N.C. State athletics but there are some things that fans should be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Here at Old North Banter, we are incredibly thankful for the opportunity to write about North Carolina sports, even if all our teams aren’t great. At the end of the day, we’re fans like you and we endear ourselves to players, coaches, and teams.

This Thanksgiving we’re laying out what we are thankful for with each team in the state of North Carolina. Today we are starting with N.C. State and ECU and we’ll be continuing with Duke and North Carolina on Tuesday, the Hornets and Hurricanes on Wednesday, and finishing with the Panthers and Wake Forest on Thanksgiving Day.

It’s been a tough year for N.C. State fans. The much-hyped baseball team was swept out of the Greenville Regional. The men’s basketball team missed the tournament and lost on homecourt to Lipscomb in the NIT, and the football team will miss a bowl game for the first time since 2013.

This Thanksgiving, however, we are focusing on the positives surrounding the athletic department and the people and places we should be thankful for this holiday season.

Read through, say your thanks and then comment below the things you are most thankful for with N.C. State.