Carolina Panthers: Stock Watch after Preseason Week 1

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - DECEMBER 30: Kyle Allen #7 of the Carolina Panthers runs with the ball during the first half against the New Orleans Saints during a NFL game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on December 30, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images)
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - DECEMBER 30: Kyle Allen #7 of the Carolina Panthers runs with the ball during the first half against the New Orleans Saints during a NFL game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on December 30, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 5
Next

Who’s stock is trending up and down after the Panthers’ preseason win over the Bears?

Technically, there is a winner and loser in every preseason game. They keep score the same as any regular season game and field goals and touchdowns count for the same amount of points. But at the end of the day, preseason results don’t really matter. All that matters is watching the position battles and fight to see who makes the 53-man roster.

It’s a chance for players on the fringe to earn a spot and our first chance to take a look at the team’s hyped rookie class. The Carolina Panthers enter the preseason with several position battles raging and it was our first test to see who can start week one.

The Panthers won their first game of the preseason 23-13 over the Chicago Bears on the road, but more importantly, we got to see all three backup quarterbacks showcase their talents, big plays on special teams, and a surprisingly fierce pass rush.

So after one preseason game, who’s stock is trending up and who’s stock is trending down?