Preview Of Week Three Game For The Carolina Panthers

facebooktwitterreddit

Sep 20, 2015; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback

Cam Newton

(1) leaps over the line of scrimmage for a touchdown during the second half of the game against the Houston Texans at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Sam Sharpe-USA TODAY Sports

Well I said in my article last week that the Houston Texans game for the Carolina Panthers would be the coming out party for the offense. Well I told you so and it did happen. The wide receivers caught the passes thrown to them. The offensive line played their butts off. Cam Newton ran like the old Newton we all love and he made excellent choices in the pocket for the second straight week. I do not think this is a fluke when it comes to the growth of Newton as a player. I think Newton is starting to see the game slower and making better decisions about what to do when under pressure. He will have to keep it going this week against the New Orleans Saints.

More from Cam Newton

The Saints come into town with a 0-2 record and a beat up quarterback in Drew Brees. Brees is still a dangerous player and someone who is capable of carrying a team on his shoulders even if they are currently sore. The Saints still lack a defense capable of stopping Newton and that should work in the Panthers benefit on Sunday. This game will be on the defense’s shoulders to stop Brees and keep pressure on him all game. We all know Brees is a competitor and someone who should be respected. He has weapons and can surprise a team who is slacking off on defense. Luckily the Panthers very rarely slack off on defense (fingers crossed).

More from Old North Banter

In bad news Luke Kuechly is still out of practices with a concussion and still going through protocol which is a little worrying. Usually concussion protocol lasts a week and maybe a little more but this is not looking good at all. The Panthers are still a top 5 defense without Kuechly which speaks volumes for how well Dave Gettleman has built this team in his short time as general manager. If you add Kuechly to the defense you are looking at the best defense in the league in my opinion. Hopefully the Panthers are just playing it cautious with Kuechly and making sure he is 120 percent ready.

Live Feed

Surprise Kenny Golladay workout could land him far too close to Giants
Surprise Kenny Golladay workout could land him far too close to Giants /

GMEN HQ

  • Watch Kadarius Toney send NSFW message to the NY Giants after winning Super BowlGMEN HQ
  • 3 former NY Giants draft picks who are probably done in the NFLGMEN HQ
  • Grading every NY Giants first-round pick since 2013GMEN HQ
  • 4 reasons the NY Giants should pass on signing DeAndre HopkinsGMEN HQ
  • Ex-Giants coach Joe Judge screwed Bill Belichick and Pats with lost OTAsGMEN HQ
  • In good news Star Lotulelei looks like he is about to come back to the defense and this week could be his return. According to ESPN conditioning will determine when the Panthers get Star back. Anyone who knows defense in the NFL knows that Star is a difference maker. He can create a lot of push up front and takes pressure off the defensive ends. In other words Star is Brees’ worst nightmare. If I was Brees I would be hoping Star doesn’t make his return this week.

    Live Feed

    5 free agents that could help the Panthers immediately after 1-2 start
    5 free agents that could help the Panthers immediately after 1-2 start /

    Cat Crave

  • 3 free agent defensive tackles the Detroit Lions could sign to add sizeSideLion Report
  • 3 remaining free agents who could bolster Commanders' DL depthRiggo's Rag
  • 5 free agents the Cleveland Browns could still pursueNFL Spin Zone
  • 3 free agents Cleveland Browns need to sign before the 2022 NFL DraftDawg Pound Daily
  • 3 realistic moves Commanders should make next in free agencyRiggo's Rag
  • In this game I expect the Panthers to dominate the Saints offensive line. I see Brees throwing a few picks or fumbling when trying to get away from the constant pressure the Panthers will get from their defensive line. If the Panthers are playing defense at the level they are capable of this game will become a blow out in favor of the Panthers. My prediction is Panthers-34 and Saints-17. My prediction of the final record for your 2015 Carolina Panthers stays at 12-4. Go Panthers!

    Next: QB Injuries Clear the Road