Charlotte Hornets Draft Series: Looking At Mario Hezonja

facebooktwitterreddit

Oct 13, 2014; Charlotte, NC, USA; Charlotte Hornets mascot Hugo fires t-shirts into the crowd during a timeout in the game against the Orlando Magic at Time Warner Cable Arena. Hornets defeated the Magic 99-97. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports

Mario Hezonja is a talented prospect out of Croatia and in my opinion the best international prospect in this draft. He can shoot the ball extremely well, he can dunk the ball well due to athleticism, and he has the attitude to be a great player.

More from Charlotte Hornets

The only problem I see with Hezonja is his attitude and it is a big factor when it comes to him. I doubt he would want to play with the Charlotte Hornets because from what I have heard he wants to be in a big market. Thing is if he is there at pick number 9 I would still take him, but I doubt he reaches the number 9 pick. Without further due let us see if I can give a quick run down of what Hezonja will bring to a team.

I watched highlights of Hezonja and let me tell you the kid has hops and can dunk with the best of them in Europe. I have seen quite a few highlights of some sick dunks he put down during his play in Europe. Another thing he can do is shoot the ball from deep and that has been a need for the Hornets for a few seasons now. He can shoot it off the dribble or he can shoot it spotting up.

For me, I think the only weakness for Hezonja could be his defense but with the size and speed he has displayed I see him getting better during his career. To me Hezonja is the perfect player for the Hornets and should be their pick if he is there at the number 9 pick.

Live Feed

Myles Turner wasn't helping Orlando Magic's rebuild
Myles Turner wasn't helping Orlando Magic's rebuild /

Orlando Magic Daily

  • 5 Worst Starters of the Orlando Magic's Rebuild EraOrlando Magic Daily
  • Former Knicks player puts NBA on blast in recent interviewDaily Knicks
  • Memphis Grizzlies add Mario Hezonja in three-team tradeBeale Street Bears
  • Portland Trail Blazers trade away Mario Hezonja, bring in Enes KanterRip City Project
  • Portland Trail Blazers: Mario Hezonja makes smart move, exercises player option for 2020-21 seasonRip City Project
  • I, however, do not see the Hornets getting to select Hezonja because teams have seen the talent that he has by now and I am sure some teams in the 5-8 pick range are taking a serious look at him as their pick.

    If he does get to the Hornets pick by some miracle I hope he ends up a Hornets player next Thursday. I feel as if he addresses a need for the Hornets while also providing potential and other talents. I have attached Hezonja’s Draft Express NBA Draft Scouting youtube video below. GO HORNETS!