Carolina Panthers Twenty Bracket Results: Capers Region Round 1

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 4
Next

Dec 28, 2014; Atlanta, GA, USA; Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson on the field before a game against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports

1 Seed JERRY RICHARDSON over 16 Seed Tshimanga Biakabutuka

There cannot be any real surprise here. Richardson is the man who started it all and continues to guide it to this day. He won’t lose to Biakabutuka, or to any running back that put on a Panther uniform. Don’t think we’re just going to give it to Mr. Richardson though. His next matchup will not be a walk in the park.

More from Carolina Panthers

8 Seed JOHN KASAY over 9 Seed Kevin Greene

The WCW or WWF might see it differently, but John Kasay had been part of every Panthers playoff team before Rivera became coach. He is the scoring leader on the team. Greene gave the Panthers some good years at the end of his career, but never became the fixture that Kasay was.

4 Seed SAM MILLS over 13 Seed Muhsin Muhammad

Nothing against Muhammad and the fine career he had here. Mills’ impact is just greater at this point. He was great in the early Panthers run and then he became linebackers coach. His battle with cancer was the impetus of ‘Keep Pounding.’ He has a statue, no one else does.

12 Seed STEVE BEUERLEIN over 5 Seed Mike McCormick

Rock Chalk? Not quite. In all fairness, I remember Beuerlein’s time with the Panthers far better than I do McCormick’s. McCormick was the team’s first president and he quietly left that position. His leaving put Mark Richardson in that chair and opened up the door for the family squabbles to come. Beuerlein, on the other hand, was the steady hand when Collins quit on the team and Jeff Lewis could never be healthy. You might even have heard him call a few games on television.