Charlotte Hornets Draft Series: Looking At Frank Kaminsky

facebooktwitterreddit

Apr 6, 2015; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Wisconsin Badgers forward Frank Kaminsky (44) reacts after a basket against the Duke Blue Devils in the second half in the 2015 NCAA Men

Today we will be taking a look at Frank “The Tank” Kaminsky. Everyone you talk to who watched college basketball this past season knows that Kaminsky was a great college player. The problem with Kaminsky seems to be that the majority of basketball analysts doubt his ability to translate his game to the next level.

More from Charlotte Hornets

I am not one of those people because I see him as a legitimate stretch big man who is capable of putting up points in a hurry. It just so happens that the Charlotte Hornets need a scoring threat to go opposite of Al Jefferson or as his backup.

I see Kaminsky as a player who could be on the second unit playing the backup center spot and allowing the team to change the pace in games from methodical, post playing Al Jefferson to perimeter oriented Kaminsky.

I do see Kaminsky as a center against most NBA teams because he is 7’0 tall and he can be a match up problem with most of the league’s centers. Another thing is Kaminsky is a great three point shooter and that is the main problem with this Hornets team as currently constructed. Cody Zeller does not impress me and Vonleh is a few years away, it seems, at best.

Live Feed

EuroLeague transfer rumors: Frank Kaminsky, Terrence Ross, and more
EuroLeague transfer rumors: Frank Kaminsky, Terrence Ross, and more /

FanSided

  • Hawks’ Bogdan Bogdanovic draws praise from former teammateSoaring Down South
  • Former Charlotte Hornets big man signs with team in SerbiaSwarm and Sting
  • Boston Celtics can explore adding ex-college player of the year in training campHardwood Houdini
  • 5 Former Charlotte Hornets who are still free agentsSwarm and Sting
  • Big Ten Basketball: Ranking of 25 best players from last decade (2013-23)Busting Brackets
  • Kaminsky is a player with proven talents and no need for “potential” because we all know what he is and what he is capable of doing on the court. He would fit coach Steve Clifford’s love for pick and roll because he can either go around most NBA big men or he can step out and shoot the ball. Even though he is not athletic like most NBA big men, Kaminsky does cause problems in other ways.

    For starters he can pass the ball with the best of them at his position and his dribbling ability for a guy as big as he is shows his talent level is absolutely incredible. I think whoever picks Kaminsky will be seen as having the steal of the draft a few years from now. I have attached Kaminsky’s Draft Express NBA Draft Scouting youtube video below. GO HORNETS!

    Next: Charlotte Hornets: The Lottery Awaits