Davidson Wildcats roll VCU, make At- Large Case for NCAAs

facebooktwitterreddit

The Davidson Wildcats keep taking care of business. It is just time for the national audience to give them some credit for it. The Wildcats ushered out speedo guy AND the Virginia Commonwealth Rams out of Belk Arena with an 82-55 score. The Rams were ranked in the top 25 not too long ago, but have suffered three straight losses in the conference.

It was Senior Night for the Wildcats before their final game at Duquesne this season. As such, it was Tyler Kalinoski leading the way with twenty-two points. Davidson’s offense was perimeter oriented as usual, with Jack Gibbs scoring fifteen, Brian Sullivan scoring eleven, and bench guy Jordan Barham scoring fourteen points. Barham also came up with fourteen rebounds for the Wildcats. Gibbs handed out eight assists.

More from Davidson Wildcats

Somehow, this particular victory is not enough to pull Davidson off the bubble for some. Since the Wildcats will be favored against Duquesne, they will likely finish the year tied with the Dayton Flyers for the Atlantic Ten Conference regular season crown. If La Salle found some way to beat Dayton, then the Wildcats would be the regular season champ.

Live Feed

Duquesne Basketball: 3 keys to road matchup at Marshall Thundering Herd
Duquesne Basketball: 3 keys to road matchup at Marshall Thundering Herd /

Busting Brackets

  • Rhode Island vs Providence: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV scheduleBusting Brackets
  • Atlantic 10 Basketball: Impact of league's "European Influence"Busting Brackets
  • Rhode Island Basketball: Preview of games vs Providence, Brown, and College of CharlestonBusting Brackets
  • Duquesne Basketball: 3 keys to road matchup with Nebraska CornhuskersBusting Brackets
  • Dayton vs LSU: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV scheduleBusting Brackets
  • Bob McKillop was surprised at this team’s effort, but kept his response in his normal stride. He said, “’I’m still shocked,” McKillop said when asked if this team has surpassed expectations. “They shock me every day. They shock me the way they come to practice every day and they want to get better. They are not content. There is a quiet confidence with a balance of humility, which is quite a combination of character traits.” That statement was found in a report by the AP’s Steve Reed.

    More from Old North Banter

    It will be interesting to see if McKillop begins to lobby for his team to get in to the NCAA Tournament at large. My imagination says that he will not, and if that is the case then Davidson might need to focus on winning the Atlantic Ten Tournament next week.