ACC Bowl Projections 12/1

facebooktwitterreddit

Our last round of ACC Bowl Projections was shaped by four results that occurred over the weekend. NC State beat North Carolina to swap those two teams’ desirability. Pittsburgh joined the party by beating Miami, and also reduced Miami’s desirability. Virginia Tech beat Virginia to secure a bowl berth. Finally Georgia Tech defeated Georgia, which I believe earned them a ticket to Atlanta. So let’s look at the updated picture.

More from Duke Blue Devils

Bowl Teams (Projected Finish Where Necessary)

Florida State (13-0, 9-0)
Clemson (9-3, 6-2)
Louisville (9-3, 5-3)
Boston College (7-5, 4-4)
North Carolina State (7-5, 3-5)
Georgia Tech (10-3, 6-3)
North Carolina (6-6, 4-4)
Duke (9-3, 5-3)
Miami (6-6, 3-5)
Pittsburgh (6-6, 4-4)
Virginia Tech (6-6, 3-5)
Notre Dame: (7-5)

With the Georgia Tech victory over Georgia, I believe the Jackets earned a trip to Miami as the most interesting team that could go to the Orange Bowl. They will be ranked and probably facing a SEC foe on par with Georgia in that game.

1.Florida State to Playoff
2.Georgia Tech to Orange
3.Clemson to Russell Athletic

With Louisville now available to the Music City, they will lobby hard to bring those guys down. The Sun Bowl then has the option of well… Duke. I still think the Blue Devils will be the ones going out to El Paso. Notre Dame does not have a natural landing spot now, since they played the Pinstripe last year. Yet there is a bowl with an option for them…

Live Feed

NC State vs Tennessee: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV schedule
NC State vs Tennessee: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV schedule /

Busting Brackets

  • NFL rumors: Kyler Murray sticking in AZ? Eagles mole, Joe Flacco's job just got even harderFanSided
  • AFC North Power Rankings: Browns, Ravens, and Bengals making playoff pushDawg Pound Daily
  • How Much is My Apex Legends Account Worth?DBLTAP
  • Joe Flacco's performance raises questions about the value of Deshaun Watson's record-breaking contractDawg Pound Daily
  • Fantasy Football: 3 must-start QBs that could carry you to the next round of playoffsFantasy CPR
  • 4.Duke to the Sun
    5.Louisville to the Music City
    6.Notre Dame to the Gator
    7.Boston College to the Pinstripe
    8.NC State to the Belk

    Boston College becomes the new fit for the Pinstripe Bowl. NC State gets snagged by the Belk, in anticipation of lots of pent up Wolfpack fans coming to Charlotte for the game. Then the next bowls become a little harder to sort.

    9.Miami to Bitcoin (formerly Beef O’Brady’s)
    10.Pittsburgh to Detroit
    11.Virginia Tech to Military
    12.North Carolina to Independence

    North Carolina gets the short end of the stick from their loss to State on Saturday. A trip to Shreveport at least will allow the Tar Heels to battle the ghosts of the last Independence Bowl they were in. There is a chance the Gator bypasses Notre Dame, and that would push everything down. I think the Gator will not miss that chance.