Duke vs North Carolina Staff Predictions

DURHAM, NORTH CAROLINA - JANUARY 21: Vernon Carey Jr. #1 of the Duke Blue Devils reacts after a play against the Miami (Fl) Hurricanes at Cameron Indoor Stadium on January 21, 2020 in Durham, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
DURHAM, NORTH CAROLINA - JANUARY 21: Vernon Carey Jr. #1 of the Duke Blue Devils reacts after a play against the Miami (Fl) Hurricanes at Cameron Indoor Stadium on January 21, 2020 in Durham, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit

The best rivalry in sports tips off tonight. Here are our predictions.

Every big game, our staff takes a shot at predicting the winner of the big game. With this being a massive rivalry, the names on the jersey means more than the implications of a win for either team.
With Cole Anthony leading the Tar Heels and Vernon Carey leading the Blue Devils, who comes out on top in this match-up.

Zack Smith (@zackrusmith): UNC 73, Duke 70

It will be the first time UNC has been an underdog at home since 2015 and the largest underdog role (11.5) in the Roy Williams era. With that being said, I’m going out on a limb and picking the Tar Heels straight up.  There have been a couple games this season that the Blue Devils couldn’t get their offense going and I think this will be another case of that. The Tar Heels are going to control the game defensively and Cole Anthony is going to make enough shots to pull out a victory. We all know that UNC has the potential for this, but it just depends on what team will show up.

Richard Adkins (@RichardJAdkins): UNC 71, Duke 65

That’s right you read that score correctly with no typo! I have the Tar Heels defending the Dean Dome and playing their best ball all season. The Tar Heels find themselves in a weird spot fighting for a chance to dance and better fight then their bitter rivals Duke. Expect a back and forth affair with Duke taking the lead early on, however the outcome will be clear with Duke walking into the locker room head down and Carolina on the court giving interviews.

Christian Candeloro (@christiancande3): Duke 96 UNC 57

Yes, I’m going against my staff mates and predicting a Duke rout in this one. UNC just doesn’t have the firepower to match Duke.