ACC Bowl Projections Update: 11/23

facebooktwitterreddit

North Carolina’s defeat of Duke led to the ejection of Duke from the top 25 of both major polls and ACC bowl projections. So we are really back where we were when no one was in the polls from the state. Duke did manage to continue to receive votes in both polls, and that was the only poll action.

More from Duke Blue Devils

Meanwhile the Bowl projections have changed kind of quickly, with Louisville and Virginia screwing up all the nice work I had laid out. Why I doubted Bobby Petrino and Coastal Division chaos, I can’t say. It does have major impact on the bowl picture in the ACC.

Bowl Teams (Predicted Finish)

Florida State (13-0, 9-0)
Clemson (9-3, 6-2)
Louisville (9-3, 5-3)
Boston College (7-5, 4-4)
North Carolina State (6-6, 2-6)
Georgia Tech (9-4, 6-3)
North Carolina (7-5, 5-3)
Duke (9-3, 5-3)
Miami (7-5, 4-4)

Projected Bowl Teams:

Virginia Tech (6-6, 3-5)

Notre Dame: (7-5)

Obviously my Orange Bowl and Belk bowl picks got blown away, so here is the new order. I will try to explain where there are changes, but otherwise I will leave things alone

1.FSU to Playoff
2.Louisville to Orange Bowl

I think that Clemson’s trip to the Orange last year will keep them out of being selected this year. Louisville fans should be excited to go to such a big game in their first year of ACC play. Duke and Georgia Tech don’t sell enough tickets, but Georgia Tech could render all discussion moot by beating Georgia this week.

3.Clemson to Russell Athletic
4.Duke to the Sun
5.Notre Dame to the Music City
6.Georgia Tech to the Pinstripe
7.Miami to the Belk

Live Feed

NC State vs Tennessee: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV schedule
NC State vs Tennessee: 2023-24 college basketball game preview, TV schedule /

Busting Brackets

  • NFL rumors: Kyler Murray sticking in AZ? Eagles mole, Joe Flacco's job just got even harderFanSided
  • AFC North Power Rankings: Browns, Ravens, and Bengals making playoff pushDawg Pound Daily
  • How Much is My Apex Legends Account Worth?DBLTAP
  • Joe Flacco's performance raises questions about the value of Deshaun Watson's record-breaking contractDawg Pound Daily
  • Fantasy Football: 3 must-start QBs that could carry you to the next round of playoffsFantasy CPR
  • The moves get trickier. Notre Dame has been to the Pinstripe Bowl last year when they beat Rutgers. It may also not be a surprise if the Gator grabs the Fighting Irish instead of the Music City. Georgia Tech still ends up in New York, and Miami ends up in Charlotte. The Canes benefit from the Heels and Jackets both having played in Charlotte in the recent past.

    8.North Carolina to Beef O’Brady’s
    9.Boston College to Detroit
    10.Virginia Tech to Military
    11.NC State to Independence

    The bottom tier changed little, but you see that the Hokies now go to Annapolis and North Carolina ends up in St. Petersburg. This could all be rearranged this week if Virginia beats Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh beats Miami, so stay tuned. They are not done yet.