The Duke Blue Devils NBA 2K15 Team

facebooktwitterreddit

Way back in 1996, I got my first basketball video game. That was NBALive95 and one of the neat features that it had was four custom teams that you could fill with any combination of active players. I had an all lefties team (I shot left handed). I had an all-rookies team. Heck, I had an all-Dennis Rodman team where every player slot was filled by Dennis Rodman.

More from Duke Blue Devils

My favorite teams to build were the college based teams. North Carolina and Duke always had a good amount of players in the NBA pool, and I just needed 12 for a team. They were always weird teams that no GM would ever build. They were either guard heavy or post heavy, but it was always fun to face them off against each other. I had grown up with Scott Williams vs Danny Ferry, why not have their professional versions continue?

The newest NBA basketball game, NBA 2k15 came out on Tuesday. No, I did not buy it, but the player ratings have been slowly released online in anticipation, so I thought I would look at the Duke and UNC teams that you could build this year. Disclaimer: this not include historical players. Maybe we’ll do one of those later when those ratings come out.

Here is the all- Duke Blue Devils team for this year

Starting Five:
C- Miles Plumlee – 78 Suns
PF- Carlos Boozer – 78 Lakers
SF- Luol Deng – 79 Heat
SG- Gerald Henderson – 78 Hornets
PG- Kyrie Irving – 86 Cavs

Sep 29, 2014; Milwaukee, WI, USA; Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker during media day at the Cousins Center. Mandatory Credit: Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports

Bench:
F- Mason Plumlee – 77 Nets
G- JJ Redick – 77 Clippers
F- Jabari Parker – 78 Bucks
G- Austin Rivers – 72 Pelicans
F- Elton Brand – 75 Free Agents (Hawks in real life)
F- Kyle Singler – 74 Pistons
F- Josh McRoberts – 74 Heat

IR:
F- Mike Dunleavy – 74 Bulls
F- Rodney Hood – 71 Jazz
F- Ryan Kelly – 71 Lakers

It’s an interesting roster. I used this list to get the player ratings. I know there are more Duke players in NBA camps than this, but these are the highest rated ones I am betting. The roster has a lot of post guys, but is very guard poor. The reason that I took Austin Rivers over Dunleavy for the bench was the need to have a backup point guard of some kind.

Also you can see that the NBA 2K ratings guys are not yet ready to let the younger Duke guys take over the starting spots from the older guys. Boozer and Deng are just a hair better than Mason Plumlee and Jabari Parker in the current rankings.

This is probably a Kyrie team by default. Jabari Parker is probably your sixth man, which is a really nice sixth man to have. The bench trades defense for offense in almost every case except Boozer. I was also surprised to see Henderson outrate Redick.

Anyway, there it is. Now you go create them in 2K15 and take on the Hornets, or the East All-Stars, or the ’96 Bulls. Have fun.