Panthers 3-Round Mock Draft: Carolina Prioritizing Weapons for Bryce Young

The Carolina Panthers don't have a first-round pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, but they have three picks between Rounds 2 and 3 to make some noise.
Oct 28, 2023; Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA; Florida State Seminoles wide receiver Keon Coleman
Oct 28, 2023; Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA; Florida State Seminoles wide receiver Keon Coleman / Jim Dedmon-USA TODAY Sports
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
3 of 3
Next

3. Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas (Round 3, Pick 65)

It would be shocking to see Sanders still on the board at the top of the third round as I believe he’ll be drafted within the first two rounds. However, for mock draft purposes, we’ll get Young another pass catcher to grow with and hopefully take this offense to new heights.

The former Texas Longhorn tight end had 45 receptions for 682 yards and two touchdowns this past season. Sanders has the athleticism and route running that makes him an intriguing tight end prospect and would be the best tight end on the Panthers’ roster.

We saw what Dave Canales did last year with Cade Otton, who took a step forward as a pass catcher in his second year. Just imagine what he can do with Sanders, who could be a matchup nightmare for opposing linebackers and safeties that will have to cover him.

That said, if I were the Panthers’ front office, I would consider using one of my second-round picks on Sanders, who could hopefully have a similar impact that LaPorta had on the Lions’ offense last season.

More Panthers news and analysis:

feed