Brandon Miller Makes Wild Prediction for Hornets in 2024

Brandon Miller thinks the Hornets' playoff breakthrough will come this upcoming season
Apr 7, 2024; Charlotte, North Carolina, USA; Charlotte Hornets forward Brandon Miller (24) reacts to a call during the fourth quarter against the Oklahoma City Thunder at Spectrum Center. Mandatory Credit: Scott Kinser-USA TODAY Sports
Apr 7, 2024; Charlotte, North Carolina, USA; Charlotte Hornets forward Brandon Miller (24) reacts to a call during the fourth quarter against the Oklahoma City Thunder at Spectrum Center. Mandatory Credit: Scott Kinser-USA TODAY Sports / Scott Kinser-USA TODAY Sports
facebooktwitterreddit

The Hornets have been in rebuilding mode for several years now, but it could be over as soon as this season, if you think Brandon Miller is a good judge of talent.

Miller did a Q&A with HoopsHype recently and had a lot of exciting answers, including predicting that Charlotte is going to be a playoff team next season.

But this seems to be more than hopeful optimism, as Miller had some substance behind his answer.

Brandon Miller Predicts Playoffs for Charlotte Hornets in 2024-25

Miller was enthused about the re-signing of Miles Bridges and said that a healthy season could be the difference-maker.

"“I’m pretty sure we’re going to have everybody back. Mark and LaMelo (Ball). I think it’s how everyone performs, not just one person. I think the Hornets are a whole team. I think we’re a dangerous team when everyone is healthy.”"

Brandon Miller, HoopsHype

It’s a fair assessment from Miller.

Ball played in just 22 games, Mark Williams played in 19 games and Cody Martin played in 28 games – effectively giving the team no chance to compete.

But Charlotte also made minimal additions this offseason.

Reggie Jackson and Josh Green should help the team’s lack of depth at guard behind Ball. But Charlotte added an 18-year-old with its first-round pick and a 21-year-old with its second-round pick.

It’s a stretch to say that Jackson, Green, Tidjane Salaun or KJ Simpson will give the team enough of a lift to make much of a difference in their win total, so health will be a must.

However, it’s really not that difficult to make it the the playoffs – if you consider the play-in to be a part of the playoffs, and the team is coming off an encouraging summer.

The Hawks nabbed the last play-in spot with a 36-46 record, just 15 games better than an injury-riddled Hornets team.

No matter how you spin it, though, it’s encouraging to see one of the Hornets’ young stars shooting for the stars after years of losing.

"“My main goal is to win. I think everything comes after that as far as any of the awards. I can’t really say much to anybody who’s been in Charles’ shoes. He’s won a couple of rings, so hopefully, I’ll get a ring under my belt.

I think we’re going to be a playoff team.”"

Brandon Miller via HoopsHype

More Charlotte Hornets Team News

feed