All-ACC Wide Receiver Reveals Why He Stayed At Duke

Blue Devils wide receiver Jordan Moore never considered heading into the transfer portal this offseason.
Nov 25, 2023; Durham, North Carolina, USA; Duke Blue Devils wide receiver Jordan Moore (8) runs with the ball towards the end zone during the second half of the game against Pittsburgh Panthers at Wallace Wade Stadium.
Nov 25, 2023; Durham, North Carolina, USA; Duke Blue Devils wide receiver Jordan Moore (8) runs with the ball towards the end zone during the second half of the game against Pittsburgh Panthers at Wallace Wade Stadium. / Jaylynn Nash-USA TODAY Sports
facebooktwitterreddit

The Duke Blue Devils underwent a significant change at the top of the football program as Mike Elko left last season to become the head coach at Texas A&M.

Elko took the job with the Aggies in November, leaving the Blue Devils with an opening for their head coaching vacancy.

The Blue Devils knew they needed to make a slam-dunk hire at head coach, if they wanted a chance to compete in the ACC and keep their roster intact. Duke hired Penn State defensive coordinator Manny as their next head coach in December.

The decision to hire Diaz worked in the Blue Devils’ favor as they kept several players, including All-ACC wide receiver Jordan Moore.

The 6-foot receiver is coming off an excellent 2023 season that saw him be named second-team All-ACC. Moore posted 62 receptions for 839 yards and eight touchdowns.

Based on his performance last year, Moore could’ve jumped into the transfer portal and joined another program. However, the Sykesville, Maryland, native decided to come back to Duke for this special reason.

“I mean, I’m Duke through and through,” Moore said at the ACC Kickoff event (h/t Matt Connolly of On3). “My brother’s on the team. My sister goes here. I love Duke. I feel like they’ve given me everything I could’ve ever asked for.”

Moore’s brother, Jayden, is a freshman wide receiver with the Blue Devils. Jordan was asked if any schools reached out to him, but the preseason second-team All-ACC wideout said he kept his focus on Duke.

“I’m not too sure about that. I’m very focused on being here at Duke, and that was always the focus,” he said. “So if that happened, I didn’t ever respond.”

Nonetheless, the grad student could be in store for another big season with the Blue Devils as he’ll be catching passes from Texas transfer Maalik Murphy, who was one of the top QBs in the transfer portal.

More Duke Blue Devils news and analysis:

feed