4 Biggest Winners From Panthers Offseason Workouts

With OTAs and mandatory minicamp in the books, we look at which Panthers players shined during the offseason workout period.
Nov 18, 2023; Columbia, Missouri, USA; Missouri Tigers place kicker Harrison Mevis (92) is congratulated after kicking a field goal against the Florida Gators during the first half at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium.
Nov 18, 2023; Columbia, Missouri, USA; Missouri Tigers place kicker Harrison Mevis (92) is congratulated after kicking a field goal against the Florida Gators during the first half at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium. / Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
4 of 4
Next

4. Jaycee Horn

Lastly, we must talk about Horn, who is now undoubtedly the Panthers’ No. 1 cornerback after the team surprisingly traded Donte Jackson to Pittsburgh.

Horn only played in six games last season because of a hamstring injury that put him on injured reserve in Week 1. The former first-round pick eventually returned to the field in Week 13 and played in five out of the Panthers’ last six games.

The former South Carolina standout told reporters at OTAs last month that he understands he needs to stay healthy. Carolina trusts that Horn will be healthy this season after exercising his fifth-year option earlier in the offseason.

""I know that without the fans saying that or anybody else," Horn said via Panthers team website. "I watch tape, I know what I'm capable of and I still feel like I'm one of the best DB's in this league and, I just got to be out there to show it. So, that's what I'm looking forward to doing.""

The Panthers will need Horn to be a top-tier cornerback as they don’t have Jackson, Jeremy Chinn, Frankie Luvu, or Brian Burns on defense. That’s a lot of talent missing from all three levels, but it’s the perfect opportunity for Horn to show he can be one of the best corners in the league.

Horn’s best season in the league was in 2022 when he coincidentally played in 13 games. The 6-foot-1 cornerback recorded 53 combined tackles, seven pass deflections, three interceptions, two hits, and a tackle for loss.

He also had a 55% completion percentage allowed on targets, a 62.4 pass rating allowed when targeted, and only gave up one touchdown. If Horn can return to those numbers this season, the Panthers’ secondary might not be in bad shape.

More Panthers news and analysis:

feed

Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change