3 Best Remaining Free Agents the Panthers Can Sign

There are still a few free agents available who could help the Carolina Panthers.
Vincent Carchietta-USA TODAY Sports
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 3
Next

Connor Williams, OL

This one is a bit tricky because Connor Williams suffered a serious ACL injury in December, ending his season with the Miami Dolphins early. Now he is a free agent and according to his representative, he is focused on his rehab rather than his next destination.

"Connor Williams had a pretty significant knee injury. So, he’s taking his time with his rehab. I don’t think his plan is to sign with the Dolphins or any team right now. I think he’s focused on his medical situation — getting healthy — and seeing where he stands. Not any time soon."

Connor Williams' agent Drew Rosenhaus

The ACL tears require a long recovery process. This obviously jeopardizes Williams' return for next season but the Panthers should keep a close eye on his status.

Understandably, the 26-year-old offensive lineman is taking his time with his rehab. We wish him a quick recovery.

If he were to return for next season, however, the Panthers should be seriously interested in the former second-round pick.

After four seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, Williams had signed a two-year deal with the Dolphins. In Miami, he switched from left guard to center and took his game to another level. When healthy, he is one of the best centers available, receiving an impressive 86.5 offensive grade on Pro Football Focus.

Center is one of the biggest holes for the Panthers. Austin Corbett, who has minimal experience at center is projected to be the starter for now and it looks like the weakest link in Carolina's rotation. An immediate upgrade would be a godsend.