3 Things ECU Fans Should be Thankful for this Thanksgiving

DALLAS, TEXAS - NOVEMBER 09: The East Carolina Pirates mascot at Gerald J. Ford Stadium on November 09, 2019 in Dallas, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
DALLAS, TEXAS - NOVEMBER 09: The East Carolina Pirates mascot at Gerald J. Ford Stadium on November 09, 2019 in Dallas, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 4
Next
DALLAS, TEXAS – NOVEMBER 09: The East Carolina Pirates mascot at Gerald J. Ford Stadium on November 09, 2019 in Dallas, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
DALLAS, TEXAS – NOVEMBER 09: The East Carolina Pirates mascot at Gerald J. Ford Stadium on November 09, 2019 in Dallas, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images) /

ECU fans have plenty to be thankful for, but who are the top three individuals?

Here at Old North Banter, we are incredibly thankful for the opportunity to write about North Carolina sports, even if all our teams aren’t great. At the end of the day, we’re fans like you and we endear ourselves to players, coaches, and teams.

This Thanksgiving we’re laying out what we are thankful for with each team in the state of North Carolina. Today, we are starting with N.C. State and ECU and we’ll be continuing with Duke and North Carolina tomorrow, the Hornets and Hurricanes on Wednesday and finishing with the Panthers and Wake Forest on Thanksgiving Day.

The football season is winding down and it’s the time of the year when we reflect on what we should be thankful for. It’s been rough sledding for the past few years in ECU athletics (other than baseball), but it seems like things are starting to take a turn for the better. There is plenty to be thankful for in the Pirate Nation, but we are going to highlight three people who you should be extra thankful for.