Carolina Panthers Mock Draft: Midseason Edition

EUGENE, OREGON - OCTOBER 05: Justin Herbert #10 of the Oregon Ducks warms up prior to taking on the California Golden Bears during their game at Autzen Stadium on October 05, 2019 in Eugene, Oregon. (Photo by Abbie Parr/Getty Images)
EUGENE, OREGON - OCTOBER 05: Justin Herbert #10 of the Oregon Ducks warms up prior to taking on the California Golden Bears during their game at Autzen Stadium on October 05, 2019 in Eugene, Oregon. (Photo by Abbie Parr/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
4 of 8
Next
LAWRENCE, KANSAS – NOVEMBER 23: Wide receiver Collin Johnson #9 of the Texas Longhorns goes in for a touchdown against cornerback Corione Harris #2 of the Kansas Jayhawks in first quarter at Memorial Stadium on November 23, 2018 in Lawrence, Kansas. (Photo by Ed Zurga/Getty Images)
LAWRENCE, KANSAS – NOVEMBER 23: Wide receiver Collin Johnson #9 of the Texas Longhorns goes in for a touchdown against cornerback Corione Harris #2 of the Kansas Jayhawks in first quarter at Memorial Stadium on November 23, 2018 in Lawrence, Kansas. (Photo by Ed Zurga/Getty Images) /

player. 851. . Wide Receiver. Longhorns . Collin Johnson. 83

The Panthers have to wait until pick 83 for their next selection, but man are they happy with the options presented to them. If you are looking for a big physical wide receiver, you have your pick of Collin Johnson, the six-foot-six athletic freak from Texas, local product Sage Surratt from Wake Forest, and Justin Jefferson from LSU.

There are a plethora of speedy wide receivers to pick from as well, including Donovan Peoples-Jones (Michigan), Gabriel Davis (UCF), K.J. Hill (Ohio State) and Brandon Aiyuk (Arizona State).

If we don’t want to go wide receiver, we could go with bullying tackle Trey Adams out of Washington or tight end Grant Calcaterra, each of whom could be instant difference makers for the Panthers offense next season.

When it came down to it, I just couldn’t ignore Johnson’s athleticism and size. Just take a look at some of the plays he’s made at Texas:

Or this one:

He would slide in and become another option for Newton in the passing game. I have a feeling Panthers’ Nation would be very excited about this one.

Also available: WR Donovan Peoples-Jones – Michigan, WR Sage Surratt – Wake Forest, WR Justin Jefferson – LSU, TE Grant Calcaterra – Oklahoma, OT Trey Adams – Washington