Carolina Panthers Mock Draft: Midseason Edition

EUGENE, OREGON - OCTOBER 05: Justin Herbert #10 of the Oregon Ducks warms up prior to taking on the California Golden Bears during their game at Autzen Stadium on October 05, 2019 in Eugene, Oregon. (Photo by Abbie Parr/Getty Images)
EUGENE, OREGON - OCTOBER 05: Justin Herbert #10 of the Oregon Ducks warms up prior to taking on the California Golden Bears during their game at Autzen Stadium on October 05, 2019 in Eugene, Oregon. (Photo by Abbie Parr/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 8
Next

A way-too-early look at who the Panthers would land if the NFL Draft happened today.

After Week Nine, the Panthers sit at 5-3 and a half-game behind the Minnesota Vikings for the final Wild Card spot. Despite the team being heavily in the playoff hunt, I don’t know that anyone really expects the Panthers to contend for a Super Bowl this season. Bigger goals are figuring out the quarterback situation, getting another reliable wide receiver, making sure the offensive line is secured for the future. Defensively, the team could use help in the secondary, both at corner and safety, as well as on the interior of the defensive line.

And of course, everyone’s favorite way of improving the team is through the NFL Draft. Rookies come cheap and have the potential to make a massive impact, just look at what superstar running back Christian McCaffrey is giving the Panthers for a measly $2 million this season.

To complete our midseason Panthers mock draft, we used the Mock Draft Machine on TheDraftNetwork.com. The tool allows you to take over the Panthers and run through a full seven-round mock draft with the team.

Currently, the Panthers pick 19th in the 2020 Draft, a few spots ahead of where Carolina picked last year (16th) when it snagged defensive end Brian Burns out of Florida State. Burns was brought in to solidify the Panthers’ anemic pass rush and has so far done his job. He leads the team in quarterback hits (11) while sitting second on the team in sacks (4.5). It’s a promising start from the rookie and something to build on moving forward.

So who will be next year’s impact rookie? Let’s see who we were able to snag in the 2020 Draft Simulator.