One Moment that will Haunt Each North Carolina Team Forever

HOUSTON, TEXAS - APRIL 04: Kris Jenkins #2 of the Villanova Wildcats shoots the game-winning three pointer to defeat the North Carolina Tar Heels 77-74 in the 2016 NCAA Men's Final Four National Championship game at NRG Stadium on April 4, 2016 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
HOUSTON, TEXAS - APRIL 04: Kris Jenkins #2 of the Villanova Wildcats shoots the game-winning three pointer to defeat the North Carolina Tar Heels 77-74 in the 2016 NCAA Men's Final Four National Championship game at NRG Stadium on April 4, 2016 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 7
Next

Happy Halloween, it’s time to get scary and talk about the most haunting moments in North Carolina sports history.

Unless you are a fan of Alabama football lately, then heartbreak is undoubtedly the majority of your sports experience. As sports fans, it’s rare to have nice things and we will forever remember the greatest moments in our favorite teams’ history.

But in the spirit of Halloween, we are going to talk about the moments that we remember less fondly. What are the moments that we as North Carolina sports fans will be haunted by forever?

If you are a Panthers fan, no doubt the 2015 Super Bowl loss still stings. But it’s not our no. 1 moment. Ditto for the Hornets recent loss of Kemba Walker and moving the team to New Orleans. And N.C. State whoof, we could’ve put any of the 50 gut-wrenching moments that happen per year to Wolfpack teams.

So without further discussion (because really man, this is going to hurt), here is the worst moment in each North Carolina team’s history. Comment below any moments that hurt you the worst and if we got it right!