This Week in Carolina Hurricanes Hockey: Now and Then

BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS - MAY 09: Sebastian Aho #20 of the Carolina Hurricanes celebrates scoring a goal during the first period against the Boston Bruins in Game One of the Eastern Conference Final during the 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at TD Garden on May 09, 2019 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Adam Glanzman/Getty Images)
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS - MAY 09: Sebastian Aho #20 of the Carolina Hurricanes celebrates scoring a goal during the first period against the Boston Bruins in Game One of the Eastern Conference Final during the 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at TD Garden on May 09, 2019 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Adam Glanzman/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 6
Next

Starting a new series where I will be recapping the Hurricanes play week by week. I will look at the games from Monday up until Sunday for each week and offering a bit of assessment. I will be recapping the last two weeks of the Hurricanes season in this piece to catch back-up to speed.

A slight twist on this that separates these from a normal weekly recap is that I will also be going into a little bit of Hurricanes history. Not franchise, but starting from the 1997-98 season, I will be listing some of the best and the worst weeks the Hurricanes have historically had in comparison to the week the Canes just played.

For this week, we will be looking at the two week span from September 30 through October 13 in multiple years.