Getting to know the Arizona Cardinals with Raising Zona

BALTIMORE, MARYLAND - SEPTEMBER 15: Quarterback Kyler Murray #1 of the Arizona Cardinals throws the ball against the Baltimore Ravens during the first half at M&T Bank Stadium on September 15, 2019 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Todd Olszewski/Getty Images)
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND - SEPTEMBER 15: Quarterback Kyler Murray #1 of the Arizona Cardinals throws the ball against the Baltimore Ravens during the first half at M&T Bank Stadium on September 15, 2019 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Todd Olszewski/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit

We take a look at the Panthers’ upcoming opponent with Raising Zona, FanSided’s Arizona Cardinals blog.

Whew boy, this is a big one. The Panthers will travel to Arizona on Sunday and will need to overcome the odds not leave at 0-3. Even with Drew Brees being out for six weeks, it’s hard to imagine the Panthers being able to recover from that bad of a start and win the division. However, if the Panthers can defeat rookie Kyler Murray and the Cardinals, they are right back in the fray.

We had the pleasure of talking with Scott Allen at Raising Zona to better get to know the enemy. You can also read my answers to Scott’s questions here.

1. The Cardinals made waves by selecting Kyler Murray no. 1 overall in the NFL Draft. What have you seen from him in the first two games and are you confident in him being a franchise quarterback for the Cardinals?

Scott: Well, for one, the kid can ball. He’s the first rookie since Cam Newton in 2011 to throw for over 300-yards in each of his first two games. I believe right now it is looking like he is trending towards a franchise quarterback. Not much phases him, at least not yet.

2. Larry Fitzgerald seems to have a connection with Murray he hasn’t had with a quarterback since Kurt Warner was there. Do you think Murray can help keep his career going in the desert?

Scott: Fitz already loves Murray. He says Murray knows this offense better than him.  If there is improvement this season over last, I can definitely see him coming back at least another season.

3. The Panthers are 0-2 and have struggled mightily through two games. What is the feeling among Cardinal fans and analysts heading into this match-up?

Scott: They are feeling confident quite honestly. They are a dropped interception from beating Detroit and one fourth quarter series meltdown from beating the Ravens. Now with the possibility that Cam Newton may not play on Sunday raises the hopes even more.