Panthers Best Moments No. 12 & 11: Third Double Entry

CHARLOTTE, NC - SEPTEMBER 20: Cam Newton #1 of the Carolina Panthers dives for a touchdown against the Houston Texans during their game at Bank of America Stadium on September 20, 2015 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
CHARLOTTE, NC - SEPTEMBER 20: Cam Newton #1 of the Carolina Panthers dives for a touchdown against the Houston Texans during their game at Bank of America Stadium on September 20, 2015 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit

Our Third Double Entry on Our Countdown

Welcome back to the Panthers’ Top-25 Moments, our all-time countdown of the most memorable moments in the Carolina Panthers’ History.

If you missed our double-entry yesterday, where we chronicle the drafting of Julius Peppers and the Panthers’ first win as a franchise, you can check it out right here.

We have another double-entry for you in this one, both of which involve the magical 2015 season for the Panthers, so let’s get down to business.

No. 12: Cam Flips Over Texans

Fresh off a win against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Panthers played the Houston Texans in week two for the team’s first home game of the season.

The game was close throughout but the Panthers came away with a 24-17 win against the Texans. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton scored all three touchdowns for Carolina, including one of the more memorable scores from the 2015 season.

With the game tied up late in the third quarter, the Panthers were deep in Texans territory with a chance to score, and Superman himself decided to take matters into his own hands. Newton went charging in and flipped over safety Rahim Moore for a three-yard touchdown run.

Cam landed on his feet, which was even more impressive, especially given the amount of altitude he got. You can check out the video, with the Spanish audio, down below.

No. 11: Panthers Starts 2015 at 14-0

Newton’s flip into the endzone was one the many memorable moments the team had during the 2015 season, as the team didn’t lose its first game of the season until week 16 on the road against the Falcons.

The season was rife with incredible moments, for the earlier mention endzone flip, the shootouts with the Saints and the Giants, to the improbable comeback against the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle, one of the most difficult places to play.

The season resulted in many accolades for Carolina, including Newton’s first MVP award, Ron Rivera’s second Coach of the Year award in two seasons, and the team’s second Super Bowl appearance.

That’s it for this double entry, the next time we update our list we will finally be cracking into the top-10 moments in team history.