Daily Links & Banter 7/26: Panthers Top 25 Moments

CHARLOTTE, NC - OCTOBER 07: Steve Smith #89 of the Carolina Panthers during their game at Bank of America Stadium on October 7, 2012 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
CHARLOTTE, NC - OCTOBER 07: Steve Smith #89 of the Carolina Panthers during their game at Bank of America Stadium on October 7, 2012 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit

Good morning, it’s July 26th and we’re counting down the Panthers top 25 moments in team history.

Here at Old North Banter, we are celebrating 25 years of Panthers history by allowing you to select the top moments in Panthers history.

You can select up to five of the team’s best moments from 1995-2018 and then we’ll count down each moment from 25-1, allowing you to relive the best parts of your favorite franchise.

For me, the top moment has to be the run to the Super Bowl in 2003-04. The Panthers ran through the Cowboys, Rams and Eagles to reach XXXVIII and a date with the Patriots. Although it didn’t quite end the way you would hope, it was a magical run.

You can find the poll at this link.

Vote and help us decide the best moments in team history.

Daily Links

College football 2019 season preview: Ranking the Top 100 players – SEC dominates

Two players from the state of North Carolina appear on the list, including UNC defensive lineman Jason Stowbridge (82) and Wake Forest defensive back Essang Bassey (41). With many teams in North Carolina rebuilding this season, it isn’t surprising that the list of devoid of names. Although not having Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence No. 1 is a travesty.

Carolina Hurricanes: Max McCormick signs one-year deal

The Hurricanes made a depth signing on Thursday, signing McCormick to a two-way deal. He’ll play mostly for the Checkers in 2019-20. He scored one goal at the NHL level last season in 14 games.