UNC Football: Predicting the 2018 stats for the running backs

CHAPEL HILL, NC - OCTOBER 28: Charlie Heck #67 blocks for Jordon Brown #2 of the North Carolina Tar Heels during their game against the Miami Hurricanes at Kenan Stadium on October 28, 2017 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images)
CHAPEL HILL, NC - OCTOBER 28: Charlie Heck #67 blocks for Jordon Brown #2 of the North Carolina Tar Heels during their game against the Miami Hurricanes at Kenan Stadium on October 28, 2017 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images) /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 4
Next
CHAPEL HILL, NC – OCTOBER 14: Andrew Brown #9 of the Virginia Cavaliers tackled Jordon Brown #2 of the North Carolina Tar Heels during their game at Kenan Stadium on October 14, 2017 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images)
CHAPEL HILL, NC – OCTOBER 14: Andrew Brown #9 of the Virginia Cavaliers tackled Jordon Brown #2 of the North Carolina Tar Heels during their game at Kenan Stadium on October 14, 2017 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images) /

Jordon Brown

2017 stats: 138 carries, 613 rushing yards, 4 touchdowns, 29 receptions, 237 receiving yards

After limited action in 2016, Jordon Brown got his chance to shine in 2017. While he did split a majority of the work with Michael Carter, he did finish the year as the team’s leading rusher with almost 40 more carries and 60 more yards than Carter.

However, Brown still has plenty of room for improvement as head coach Larry Fedora laid out, according to Inside Carolina.

"“I’m not going to say that he’s arrived,” Fedora said. “He’s got great vision and does a great job catching the football, but I want him to be a better route runner, him to be a better pass protector, I want him to be able to lower his shoulder pads when he needs to… all of these things. That’s not a knock on him, it’s just that we want each kid to get better in every area that they can.”"

The addition of Williams will likely impact Brown’s stats more than they will Carter. However, Brown should remain the team’s primary pass catcher out of the backfield and could see that number slightly increase.

2018 Projected Stats: 100 carries, 510 rushing yards, 4 rushing touchdowns, 30 receptions, 275 receiving yards, 2 receiving touchdowns