Old North Banter: A New Era

CHAPEL HILL, NC - NOVEMBER 25: Bradley Chubb
CHAPEL HILL, NC - NOVEMBER 25: Bradley Chubb /
facebooktwitterreddit

After a five-month hiatus, Old North Banter has returned to give North Carolina sports fans the content they want.

This is the new Site Expert for Old North Banter, Daniel Wilson. You may remember me from previous articles such as “Why Dennis Smith is a Brilliant Failure,” “An Open Letter to MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred,” and “A Farewell to Mark Gottfried.” Well, I’m here to announce that I am on board as SE to revitalize the page.

First, I want to give a huge thank you to John Woodcock, the previous Site Expert. He did a fantastic job as the last head of ONB. I’m sure those reading can agree that he gave the page strong footing, and it’s sad to see him leave after dedicating so much time to this site.

More from Old North Banter

Now, I know what some of those reading may be thinking: “What does Daniel have to offer other than clearly having a leaning toward NC State?” For one thing, my Wolfpack ties relate to the thousands of dollars I spend toward the school each year. Yes, I’m a student at North Carolina State studying communication media. However, I’m no stranger to the teams the Pack puts on the field, court, and what have you.

Shortly after enrolling at State, I joined the school paper, Technician, as a sportswriter. I spent 1-1/2 years covering football, basketball, and baseball before I joined the staff of Pack Pride, the 24/7 Scout Network affiliate covering the Wolfpack. During that time at PP, I also created the website Pack the Bases, a page dedicated to the coverage of NC State baseball. Recently, I jumped from the PP staff along with James Henderson and Rob McLamb to help start the new site, Inside Pack Sports, that has been gaining momentum in the State fan base as one of the hottest up-and-coming sports news sites in the ACC.

Outside of my work in collegiate sports, I also follow the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, and Carolina Hurricanes from my humble abode in Raleigh, N.C. As much as I enjoy those teams, however, I am also one of the biggest supporters of the MLB creating an expansion team either in Charlotte or in the Triangle. Until then, I still enjoy watching the Durham Bulls at the DBAP whenever the Pack is off the diamond.

That brings me to today in what is now my sixth year in sports media where I now sit as Old North Banter‘s Site Expert. It has been a great journey so far, and I hope to continue this path with ONB. Here’s to making the future of Old North Banter as bright as can be.

Next: John Woodcock's Farewell