Carolina Panthers: The Schedule Can Be Had

Sep 18, 2016; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) looks to pass the ball during the first quarter against the San Francisco 49ers at Bank of America Stadium. The Panthers defeated the 49ers 46-27. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
Sep 18, 2016; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) looks to pass the ball during the first quarter against the San Francisco 49ers at Bank of America Stadium. The Panthers defeated the 49ers 46-27. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
7 of 7
Next
carolina panthers
Oct 2, 2016; Atlanta, GA, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) walks off of the field after getting injured in the fourth quarter of their game against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome. The Falcons won 48-33. Mandatory Credit: Jason Getz-USA TODAY Sports /
  1. @ Atlanta Falcons – 1 PM Fox 12/31

This game could mean everything or nothing. The Panthers and Falcons could be clashing for the divisional crown, a bye, or even homefield. Or the Panthers could have sewn up all that stuff and not need to play their guys much at all. Either way, that kind of tilt favors the home team and that is the Falcons. Don’t forget that the Falcons are the only divisional rival who owns a winning record against the Panthers.

More from Old North Banter

Panthers – (12-4)

The schedule is incredibly watered down from a year ago. Of course we say that now without knowing who might catch fire or what injuries might come up. Cam goes down and the season is basically over. That would also be true for Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, or other players on other teams.

There is a playoff season to be had here and possibly a well set up playoff season with bye weeks and everything. No Seattle Seahawks though, at least not until the playoffs. That game had been a ritual the last few years.

Next: Four Trading Down Scenarios

Of course we don’t even know who all our Panthers are going to be yet. That comes next week at the NFL Draft.