Carolina Panthers: The Schedule Can Be Had

Sep 18, 2016; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) looks to pass the ball during the first quarter against the San Francisco 49ers at Bank of America Stadium. The Panthers defeated the 49ers 46-27. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
Sep 18, 2016; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) looks to pass the ball during the first quarter against the San Francisco 49ers at Bank of America Stadium. The Panthers defeated the 49ers 46-27. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
3 of 7
Next
carolina panthers
Sep 14, 2014; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly (59) forces a fumble on Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell (35) but the play was ruled an incomplete pass at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports /
  1. @ Detroit Lions – 1 PM Fox 10/8

I was never really sold on Detroit this year and I imagine my doubts will continue to the next season. I’m not sold on the Jim Caldwell as head coach thing or the life after Calvin Johnson thing (although that may have removed the Megatron curse). Therefore I think this game will be one of the indicators of how the Panthers are doing. Win, and we’re cooking. Lose, and we may wonder what is about to hit us this season.

Panthers – (4-1)

Live Feed

Dream NY Jets first-round pick officially declares for 2024 NFL Draft
Dream NY Jets first-round pick officially declares for 2024 NFL Draft /

The Jet Press

  • Chargers mock draft: Bolts snag three day-one starters in first three rounds Bolt Beat
  • NFL Draft Order if season ended today: Where would Chiefs select? Arrowhead Addict
  • 2024 ESPN mock draft has Detroit Lions going surprising direction in first round SideLion Report
  • One prominent 2024 NFL Mock Draft still has Chicago Bears taking a QB Da Windy City
  • Updated NFL Draft Order heading into Week 15: Bucs fall outside of the Top 20 The Pewter Plank
    1. Philadelphia Eagles – 8:25 CBS 10/12

    The good news is that the Panthers get to face Carson Wentz at home. The bad news is that it follows what will likely be a hard game in Detroit. There is ample opportunity to slip up here. Oddly enough this is the second former Chip Kelly team on the schedule this year for the Panthers. The other strategic thing about this game is that the Panthers get a fair amount of rest after it.

    Panthers – (5-1)

    1. @ Chicago Bears – 1:00 PM Fox 10/22

    Of course, the ten day rest would have better for the next game against the Bucs rather than the showdown with John Fox. The NFL is a small world after all. The Bears will have Mike Glennon captaining their offense. Can they keep him upright against the Panthers? Will the Bears have improved after shedding Cutler and Alshon Jeffrey? Not likely.

    Panthers – (6-1)