Carolina Panthers: Five Possibilities At Number Eight

Mar 1, 2017; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Carolina Panters general manager Dave Gettleman speaks to the media during the 2017 NFL Combine at the Indiana Convention Center. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
Mar 1, 2017; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Carolina Panters general manager Dave Gettleman speaks to the media during the 2017 NFL Combine at the Indiana Convention Center. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 4
Next
carolina panthers
Mar 1, 2017; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Carolina Panters general manager Dave Gettleman speaks to the media during the 2017 NFL Combine at the Indiana Convention Center. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports /

The Carolina Panthers have a little under two weeks to make the eighth pick in the first round.

When it comes to the NFL Draft, we know the Carolina Panthers have the eighth pick. What we don’t know is what they will do with said pick. Even that wonderful species known as the mock drafter does not currently know.

With that in mind, we know there are certain players the Panthers will not take in the first round. They won’t take a quarterback. They most likely won’t take a safety. They won’t take Myles Garrett, because even if the Browns pass at one, he ain’t making it past pick number two.

For this exercise, we are assuming that the Panthers do not trade either up or down, because that would change the list.

So let’s look a list of five players that the Panthers might use their number eight pick on.