North Carolina Tar Heels: 1982 vs 1968, Bracket Challenge

Mar 29, 2017; Chicago, IL, USA; A McDonald's High School All-American number 23 jersey is displayed on the Michael Jordan statue before the 40th Annual McDonald's High School All-American Game at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
Mar 29, 2017; Chicago, IL, USA; A McDonald's High School All-American number 23 jersey is displayed on the Michael Jordan statue before the 40th Annual McDonald's High School All-American Game at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 3
Next
north carolina tar heels
Mar 4, 2017; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; Former North Carolina Tar Heels great Michael Jordan during a half time announcement that Jordan’s Jumpman Brand is teaming up with Carolina Football. The Tar Heels defeated the Blue Devils 90-83 at Dean E. Smith Center. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports /

1982 Rotation

More from North Carolina Tar Heels

Starters

C Sam Perkins

F James Worthy

F Matt Doherty

G Michael Jordan

G Jimmy Black

Key Reserves

G Jim Braddock

F Chris Brust

G Buzz Peterson

F Jeb Barlow

North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball
North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball /

North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball

1968 Rotation

Starters

C Rusty Clark

F Bill Bunting

F Larry Miller

G Charlie Scott

G Dick Grubar

Key Reserves

G Eddie Fogler

G Gerald Tuttle

F Joe Brown

G Jim Delany

Comments

Just as I was nervous about overthrowing the 1957 team, I am concerned here. I cannot let that or the knowledge that the 1982 could actually use the simulator in future matchups deter me here. The thing that I think makes the most sense is a breakdown of positions and many points those guys are worth.

That requires a simple percentage index calculation, but I am not going to use Hollinger’s Formula from ESPN or I would be crunching numbers for awhile. I am just going to do this: Points are worth one point each. Rebounds, Blocks, Steals, and Assists are worth two each. If I have statistical limitations then I will cut out that stat entirely. So immediately I lose blocks, steals, and assists, but cause those were recorded in the final 1968 stat book.