North Carolina Tar Heels: 2005 vs 1993, Bracket Challenge

Apr 1, 2017; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers guard Tyler Ennis (11) drives to the basket past Los Angeles Clippers guard Raymond Felton (2) in the second half of the game at Staples Center. Clippers won 115-104. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Apr 1, 2017; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers guard Tyler Ennis (11) drives to the basket past Los Angeles Clippers guard Raymond Felton (2) in the second half of the game at Staples Center. Clippers won 115-104. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 4
Next
Apr 2, 2017; Oklahoma City, OK, USA; Charlotte Hornets forward Marvin Williams (2) dribbles the ball as Oklahoma City Thunder forward Taj Gibson (22) defends during the first quarter at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Mandatory Credit: Mark D. Smith-USA TODAY Sports
Apr 2, 2017; Oklahoma City, OK, USA; Charlotte Hornets forward Marvin Williams (2) dribbles the ball as Oklahoma City Thunder forward Taj Gibson (22) defends during the first quarter at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Mandatory Credit: Mark D. Smith-USA TODAY Sports /

1993 Rotation

More from North Carolina Tar Heels

Starters

C Eric Montross

F George Lynch

F Brian Reese

G Donald Williams

G Derrick Phelps

Key Reserves

F Kevin Salvadori

F Pat Sullivan

G Henrik Rodl

G Scott Cherry

C Matt Wenstrom

G Dante Calabria

North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball
North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball /

North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball

2005 Rotation

Starters

C Sean May

F Jawad Williams

F Jackie Manuel

G Rashad McCants

G Raymond Felton

Key Reserves

F Marvin Williams

G Melvin Scott

F David Noel

G Quentin Thomas

F Byron Sanders

F Reyshawn Terry

Comments

It is hard to think that anyone would stop Sean May as he existed in the winter and spring of 2005. Montross would be working alone on that one because Lynch would have make sure that neither Jawad nor Marvin Williams had slipped out for an open shot. Drawing in the defense would only open up McCants on the outside.

Manuel and Noel would be used as they were against J.J. Redick. They would keep Donald Williams moving and prevent him from seeing many open shots. Montross would be difficult to stop inside considering the lack of pure height on the 2005 roster. Of course the 1993 team could magnify that problem by playing Salvadori as well.

The final issue would be the Felton and Phelps matchup. Could Phelps harass Felton enough to shut down the offensive flow? I am a little less concerned that Phelps would draw Felton into foul trouble over the course of the game. But hey, I don’t have to pick this game. I can cop out and let the CPU do it for me.

Results