North Carolina Tar Heels: Announcing the Final Four 20 Bracket

Dec 16, 2015; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; A general view of the championship banners at Dean E. Smith Center prior to a game between the North Carolina Tar Heels and Tulane Green Wave Mandatory Credit: Rob Kinnan-USA TODAY Sports
Dec 16, 2015; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; A general view of the championship banners at Dean E. Smith Center prior to a game between the North Carolina Tar Heels and Tulane Green Wave Mandatory Credit: Rob Kinnan-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
2 of 2
Next
north carolina tar heels
Apr 4, 2016; Houston, TX, USA; North Carolina Tar Heels guard Marcus Paige (5) makes a late game tying shot against the Villanova Wildcats in the championship game of the 2016 NCAA Men’s Final Four at NRG Stadium. Villanova won 77-74. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports /

The opening round matchups will be

Game 1: 13. 1972 vs 20. 2017

Game 2: 14. 1997 vs 19. 2008

Game 3: 15. 1969 vs 18. 2000

Game 4: 16. 1991 vs 17. 1967

More from Old North Banter

The second round matchups will be

Game 5: 1. 1957 vs Game 4 winner

Game 6: 8. 2016 vs 9. 1946

Game 7: 4. 2005 vs Game 1 winner

Game 8: 5. 1993 vs 12. 1995

Game 9: 2. 1982 vs. Game 3 winner

Game 10: 7. 1981 vs 10. 1968

Game 11: 3. 2009 vs Game 2 winner

Game 12: 6. 1977 vs 11. 1998

So there are the matchups for the opening two rounds. It is unlikely that we will crown a winner before Saturday, but we’ll see how far and how fast we can go. Maybe there will a tool or two that can help speed things up a little.

Next: Maye's Rival Fan

Next: Bracket Game 1 - 2017 vs 1972

In the meantime, who do you think will triumph? Do you disagree with the seeding? Is there a matchup that you really want to see from this list or a theoretical matchup not listed here that you would like to see more? Remember that the final result is just my interpretation and by no means proves you wrong. After all, if I was a bracket genius, I would have gotten more than 1 Final Four team right in my bracket this year.