Carolina Panthers: List of Potential Free Agent Targets

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
3 of 7
Next

Adrian Peterson

If we are going to dream, then we might as well dream big. Peterson is still an elite back, but he is starting to enter those years where his body might break down. He has had some issues with injuries in the past which could make things dicey when sharing the backfield with Jonathan Stewart and his injury issues.

Peterson’s arrival would demote Stewart, but it would also the Panthers the best one-two punch at running back that they have had since the decline of DeAngelo Williams. That would also mean less demand for Cam Newton to run the ball in order to make up for the lack of production.

This move would also cement the idea that the Panthers understand that they need to win now. It also would take a fair amount of criticism off Newton. It would also mean that the Panthers could go in a different direction in the NFL Draft.