Carolina Panthers: All Time Roster 3.0

Jan 1, 2017; Tampa, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers outside linebacker Thomas Davis (58) against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers works out prior to the game at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
Jan 1, 2017; Tampa, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers outside linebacker Thomas Davis (58) against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers works out prior to the game at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
4 of 28
Next
carolina panthers
Sep 13, 2015; Jacksonville, FL, USA; A view of a Carolina Panthers helmet before the game between the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Carolina Panthers at EverBank Field. The Panthers defeat the Jaguars 20-9. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports /

3. Left Cornerback – Chris Gamble (2004-2012)

I’d hate to be the guy who has to look at Josh Norman and Ken Lucas and tell them that there is no corner spot for them on this team. Lucas famously fought with Steve Smith, and Norman might gain some persona to take me down.

The statistics back up Gamble. He has the most interceptions in team history. He also has more passes defensed than any other defensive back. He served unceremoniously at one of the corner spots throughout the John Fox era until just recently. He was drafted just after the Super Bowl loss and was a steal at his spot late in the draft.

Gamble was always underrated in my opinion and never went to a single Pro Bowl. At 6’1” he was well made for the new era of bigger receivers. Injuries did hamper some of his best work. It is hard to remember that he was once a wide receiver part time back at Ohio State in their 2002 National Championship season.

Next: Nickelback