Carolina Panthers: All Time Roster 3.0

Jan 1, 2017; Tampa, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers outside linebacker Thomas Davis (58) against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers works out prior to the game at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
Jan 1, 2017; Tampa, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers outside linebacker Thomas Davis (58) against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers works out prior to the game at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
15 of 28
Next
carolina panthers
Nov 22, 2015; Charlotte, NC, USA; A Carolina Panthers helmet lays on the sidelines during the second half against the Washington Redskins at Bank of America Stadium. Panthers defeated the Redskins 44-16. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports /

14. Right Defensive End – Mike Rucker (1999-2007)

Jenkins departed the team in 2007 in a huff. Rucker left the team the same year to much love. Rucker put together years of consistency and that is why he is here rather than Charles Johnson or Greg Hardy. He is still third in all-time sacks for the Panthers. He made the Pro Bowl after his twelve sack season of 2003. He recorded two career safeties.

So yes, I took the entire defensive line from the 2003 Super Bowl runner ups. It is a credit to that team that their defensive line has not been equaled in quality since. Hopefully the current Panther d-line will be just as effective without the star power. And maybe Johnson or a young up and comer like Kony Ealy will find their way into this spot some day. It is strange to think that this position was once home to Reggie White and Chuck Smith if however briefly.

So we are done with the defense. Now we move to the most important player on the offense, the kicker.

Next: Kicker