Carolina Panthers: All Time Roster 3.0

Jan 1, 2017; Tampa, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers outside linebacker Thomas Davis (58) against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers works out prior to the game at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
Jan 1, 2017; Tampa, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers outside linebacker Thomas Davis (58) against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers works out prior to the game at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
13 of 28
Next
carolina panthers
Nov 22, 2015; Charlotte, NC, USA; A Carolina Panthers helmet lays on the sidelines during the second half against the Washington Redskins at Bank of America Stadium. Panthers defeated the Redskins 44-16. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports /

12. Left Defensive Tackle – Kris Jenkins (2001-2007)

Now I am starting to wonder if I have 2003 Panthers bias. I have no regrets taking Jenkins at this spot. Besides that 2003 line was excellent, what other Panthers defensive line would want to have?

For those who saw Kris Jenkins play, he was unnaturally agile for a guy who was over three hundred pounds. The Eagles playoff game is still in my mind when Jenkins jumped through the Eagles line to visit Donovan McNabb at least twice that game. His ability to eat space opened up others around him.

Jenkins had enough belief in his own ability that he shrugged off conditioning concerns that the team had for him. Ultimately that led to injuries and Jenkins left for the New York Jets in 2007. He was a second round draft pick who went on block two kicks in one game against Tampa Bay in 2003.

The other tackle spot will be kind of interesting. The current tackles are a little too green to seize that position. Early in the Panthers’ history the team had 3-4 nose tackles. No one was better adapted to the 3-4 nose tackle role than Greg Kragen. What to do next?

Next: Right Defensive Tackle