East Carolina Pirates: Tweeting to the Big 12

Nov 28, 2015; Greenville, NC, USA; East Carolina Pirates fans reacts during the game against the Cincinnati Bearcats at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium. The Cincinnati Bearcats defeated the East Carolina Pirates 19-16. Mandatory Credit: James Guillory-USA TODAY Sports
Nov 28, 2015; Greenville, NC, USA; East Carolina Pirates fans reacts during the game against the Cincinnati Bearcats at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium. The Cincinnati Bearcats defeated the East Carolina Pirates 19-16. Mandatory Credit: James Guillory-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
1 of 6
Next

The East Carolina Pirates are really trying to throw their hat in the ring as Big 12 Conference Expansion heats up again.

Want to find something political opponents Governor Pat McCrory and Attorney General Roy Cooper agree on? Strangely enough they both support the entry of the East Carolina Pirates into the Big 12 Conference.

The East Carolina twitter feed has munching on the idea as well.

To be fair, this idea is not exactly new. The issue is how practical it is. That is an issue that I brought up in 2014. The difference then was that the Big 12 was looking for two teams to have a Championship game. Now they could be looking for four.

So what did I think two years ago? Is it still relevant?

Next: Back to 2014