Carolina Panthers: All Time Twenty Year Team 2.0

Jan 24, 2016; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) celebrates after beating the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC Championship football game at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports
Jan 24, 2016; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) celebrates after beating the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC Championship football game at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
19 of 28
Next
carolina panthers
Sep 13, 2015; Jacksonville, FL, USA; A view of a Carolina Panthers helmet before the game between the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Carolina Panthers at EverBank Field. The Panthers defeat the Jaguars 20-9. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports /

18. Tight End – Wesley Walls (1996-2002)

I wanted Greg Olsen here, I really did. And it is really close, but Walls found the end zone a few more times. After all, you want players who score. Walls did seem like Captain Touchdown for those teams.

He also holds some nostalgia value from the early days of the Panthers. There were times when it seemed like Walls was the enitre Panthers offense in the mid to late nineties. Even more so than Olsen, since Kerry Collins and Steve Beuerlein were not Cam Newton by any means.

If I redid this list next year, I would almost have to give the position to Olsen. But at right this instant I have to respect the more times that Walls found the end zone. However I will be ready for Olsen next year when he finally supplants Walls as the best tight end to put on the Panthers jersey.

Next: Left Tackle