So what is Cam Newton?
More from Old North Banter
- Carolina Panthers: Secondary battles to watch in training camp 2020
- Carolina Panthers: 2020 training camp kicks off on Tuesday
- NC Colleges Provide Coronavirus Results from Athletic Departments
- Court alleges Zion’s Stepfather received $400k
- UNC Football gets Commitment from Top Cornerback
I think Newton is an individual who cares little what people at large think about what he does. This might even be his car wreck reminding him that he does not have enough time on this Earth to worry about that. So he goes and has fun. He dances. The towel scowl is mostly gone. He give balls to the kids, all the balls, and to kids at away stadiums.
In that sense Cam has a lot in common with Rob Gronkowski. They are both settled in the kind of person that they are. Just while Gronk parties any moment he gets, Newton has a huge charity operation that you rarely hear about.
On the field, Newton is doing his best Tom Brady impersonation to build up Ted Ginn, Devin Funchess, and Corey Brown while also having to do his Steve Young running thing from time to time. Since Newton is at peace with himself, no situation is too big for him and that includes the Super Bowl.
Newton will get the ultimate test on Sunday at 6:30 PM in Super Bowl 50.