Carolina Panthers are Peyton’s Worst Nightmare

Jan 24, 2016; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (18) reacts following the game against the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship football game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The Broncos defeated the Patriots 20-18 to advance to the Super Bowl. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Jan 24, 2016; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (18) reacts following the game against the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship football game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The Broncos defeated the Patriots 20-18 to advance to the Super Bowl. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit

The Carolina Panthers will face a legend in two weeks, but does Peyton Manning want to face them?

A 39 year old Peyton Manning will lace up his cleats maybe for the last time in Super Bowl 50. His career has been nothing short of amazing and has been called the greatest regular season quarterback of all-time. He has played in 3 previous Super Bowls and is 1-2. His most recent appearance was against the Seattle Seahawks who beat down the Broncos 43 to 8!! And now his 4th appearance will be against the Panthers, who are very very similar to that Seahawks team.

Peyton Manning is 3 years older than that Super Bowl appearance against the Seahawks. A game where he had a QBR of 39.9 threw two INTs and only one touchdown. He only averaged 5.7 yards per throw. He was much better then. This year he’s thrown a total of 11 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. Barely throwing the ball pass 20 yards and is very slow in the pocket. Manning sat out much of the season with foot injuries and missed seasons with a neck injury. He is older and these hits will hurt a lot worse now.

The Carolina Panthers are elite. Simple as that. Their defense beats the best quarterbacks into the ground. They make all quarterbacks look slow and confused at times. Their defense scores more points then any other team in the league. They have the best linebacking corps in the NFL and they have an offense beside them that scores fast and what seems like every position. Cam Newton is a bigger stronger Russell Wilson with more swag. All these ingredients make for a bad Sunday for Peyton.

More from Cam Newton

I see no situation in which Peyton Manning could keep up with the points that the Panthers will score. His 70 million dollar WR Demaryius Thomas was held to 2 catches for 12 yards against the Pats in the AFC Championship game. Peyton’s very rare 2 touchdown throws went to a 33 year old graying tight end Owen Daniels. Both quarterbacks will take hits from these lines and linebackers. I don’t think Manning who is much more frail can take the hits like the 6’5 240 Cam Newton can.

More from Old North Banter

To sum this all up. These will be Seahawks vs Peyton Manning all over again. Just a little worst because he’s older and even slower WITH A FOOT INJURY. I expect this game to get out of hand. Manning has a history of getting out of control with his throws and will put up a lot of food for those Panthers defensive backs to eat. One or two hard shots and the world will see these guys are to just athletic and fast for the 39 year old. For now we have to wait two weeks to see if my strong prediction comes into place.

Super Bowl 50 is just two weeks away.