Sep 27, 2014; Clemson, SC, USA; North Carolina Tar Heels quarterback Marquise Williams (12) throws the ball during the first quarter against the Clemson Tigers at Clemson Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Joshua S. Kelly-USA TODAY Sports
1. North Carolina defeats Clemson
More from Old North Banter
- Carolina Panthers: Secondary battles to watch in training camp 2020
- Carolina Panthers: 2020 training camp kicks off on Tuesday
- NC Colleges Provide Coronavirus Results from Athletic Departments
- Court alleges Zion’s Stepfather received $400k
- UNC Football gets Commitment from Top Cornerback
None of the chaos above matters at all if the Tar Heels do not hold up their end of the bargain. Clemson will be the best team that the Tar Heels have played all season. They have a dual-threat quarterback and a bunch of guys who made the all-conference teams. It will take a heck of an effort to pull off.
If it succeeds though, the Committee will be looking at two locks – the Big Ten Champ and Oklahoma. There would be two openings. The other conference winners would be 1 loss North Carolina, 2 loss Florida, and 4 loss USC. Sitting around would be 1 loss Clemson, 2 loss Michigan State, 2 loss Alabama, and 1 loss Ohio State.
In that scenario the Heels would have to be one of the two teams taken for the playoff.
Guess we will find out tomorrow.