PREVIEW: NC State at Florida State Seminoles

facebooktwitterreddit

On Saturday NC State (6-3, 2-3) visits Tallahassee, Florida to take on # 16 Florida State in what is an important game for both teams. Florida State (7-2, 5-2) will no doubt still be seething and will look to rebound after the loss last week to #1 Clemson.  That loss dealt a fatal blow to any national championship aspirations and allowed Clemson to clinch the Atlantic Division.

The Wolfpack, coming off  a road victory at Boston College can undo a lot of the self-inflicted wounds that resulted in disappointing losses this season with an upset of the Seminoles.  Of course, the upset will be against long odds, but anything is possible.

The Pack is playing well, despite losing leading rusher Matt Dayes to a foot injury two weeks ago.  Senior quarterback Jacoby Brissett seems to have found his mojo again. Defensively, NC State is also playing sound football and will need it to stop an explosive Florida State unit fraught with quarterback consistency issues.

More from North Carolina State Wolfpack

FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher announced he was going back to Everett Golson under center instead of Sean Maguire who has started the past two games. Golson is the more steady hand at the tiller for the Seminoles. Of course it could simply be an issue of who is handing the ball off to Dalvin Cook.

More from Old North Banter

NC State knows winning at Florida State is a tall order.    The Seminoles have won six of the last eight meetings.   Despite the odds, NC State coach Dave Doeren is still optimistic.  He said, “We’re bowl eligible and we’ve got three games to play.  The goal is to be better than we were a year ago.”  After Saturday’s game the Pack will host both Syracuse and North Carolina at home.

The opportunities are there.  We will see if the Wolfpack can take advantage.

When:  Saturday,   November 14, 2015

Time:   12:30 pm

Where:  Doak Campbell Stadium

TV:   ESPN3 and ACC Network