5 Take Aways From The Carolina Panthers’ First Game

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
5 of 6
Next

Sep 13, 2015; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) runs with the ball against the Jacksonville Jaguars during the second half at EverBank Field. The Panthers defeat the Jaguars 20-9. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

Cam Newton had, what I would say, was his best game as a pro. I know people are going to flip out over those remarks but trust me it was. Why I say that is because he showed maturity on every play even on his interception. He did not pout and he went to the sidelines angry at his self. Instead of getting down he chose to get angry that is what the great ones do. He managed the game in every way like a franchise quarterback is supposed to do. He did nothing too fancy, he did not try to make plays that were not there, and he gave it his all.

Live Feed

Cam Newton piles on Jared Goff as he names a bunch of quarterbacks 'game managers'
Cam Newton piles on Jared Goff as he names a bunch of quarterbacks 'game managers' /

SideLion Report

  • Cam Newton slights Brock Purdy, other QBs by calling them 'game managers' Niner Noise
  • FOX host takes swipe at Auburn legend in criticism of Josh Allen Fly War Eagle
  • Breakout JMU QB compared to Cam and Nick Marshall, tabbed Auburn target Fly War Eagle
  • Auburn legend's opinion on player safety holds more weight: Analyst Fly War Eagle
  • Cam Newton shares passionate stance on tackle that injured Rhamondre Stevenson Musket Fire
  • Even after the wide receivers let him down with drop after drop after drop. He kept focused and delivered a good game. If it was not for the bad PI call on Olsen (again looking at you NFL) and the drop touchdown thrown to Ted Ginn J.R. Newton would of had incredible stats for a first game. Instead those happened and he ended the game with a win and a 1/1 touchdown to interception ratio. I think he prefers to win over padding the stats and I would not doubt that for a second.

    Next: LUKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE?