5 Take Aways From The Carolina Panthers’ First Game

facebooktwitterreddit
Prev
4 of 6
Next

Sep 13, 2015; Jacksonville, FL, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Rashad Greene (13) is tackled by Carolina Panthers cornerback Josh Norman (24) during the second half at EverBank Field. The Panthers defeat the Jaguars 20-9. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

If Josh Norman was reading my article before the game he would know that I mentioned how he has to play well in his contract year. Okay I am not saying he did read it but he went out there and had the best game of his career. He forced and recovered a fumble in the game along with intercepting the ball for a pick six. In my opinion he turned the tide of the game to the Panthers’ side. The rest of the cornerbacks played very well and a good sign of that was no mentioning of them throughout the game. When a cornerback is not being mentioned it means the other team is avoiding throwing his way.

If the cornerbacks play like that all year we are going to be a very good defense. The Panthers were the number one defense in terms of fantasy football this week and I like hearing that. Us Panthers’ fans are in for a real treat this season in terms of defense. This cornerback group is the best this franchise has had in my opinion.

Next: How Did Our Highly Paid Quarterback Do?